Thursday, April 1, 2010

Matthew Gray Gubler: I'd rather play a Chipmunk than Othello!


Matthew Gray Gubler: I'd rather play a Chipmunk than Othello!

Although I'm admittedly not the world's biggest "Criminal Minds" watcher, I've been drawn to one thing in every episode I've seen: Matthew Gray Gubler. Matty Gray (cuz we're close like that) continued to get my attention in "(500) Days of Summer," when he played Tom's best friend Paul. But one place he didn't catch my eye is in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel."

But before you start to think I'm a fair-weather fan, know that Matthew didn't garner much attention in the kiddie flick because he voices Simon. A role that Matthew says is more important in his mind than playing Othello on London's West End.

As it turns out, I might not have only been drawn to Matthew because of his model good looks, jealousy inducing hair or quirky style -- we are also kindred karaoke spirits. Neither he or I can carry a tune to save our lives. But unlike me, Matthew relishes his warble.

More here:http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/matthew_gray_gubler_GYUAOmBcsgtnOSJi4B9L3M